Update - Some Triggers

Announcements will appear here.
MD
Site Admin

Update - Some Triggers

Post by MD »

Finally an update! only a small one though.

I changed the layout of the AI code window, hopefully it's a bit easier to use. Most notably however are the 3 new AI commands, 2 of which are triggers...have a look for yourself and you'll see what I mean. Also, don't use the "makeSwitch" command anymore, it will still work but I'd prefer if you used the new version instead.

I added another text field to the properties window (that is, the window with X, Y, angle, etc) that shows the current selection's parent part# and allows you to change it. For instance, you can highlight a bunch of parts then punch in '0' to attach all the parts to the core. Here's what it looks like...
the icon is suppose to be a chain representing a 'link'...how else could I represent the child/parent concept?

Here's the level I made to make sure everything works: Tiered Attack

~MD
swartzer

Post by swartzer »

This is cool! Thanks for adding the new stuff. I'm sure we'll see some sweet new levels now as the good designers take this and run with it.
Sasadad

Post by Sasadad »

Wow, an update! Awesome! I'll be experimenting with these new things soon. The parent view thing is a nice touch. :D

EDIT: I can't seem to get the enable gun function to work... Could you explain it or something?
I'm using the code:

Code: Select all

makeTrigger,death,enableGun,2,6,7,8,10,11,12
to make it so when part #2 dies, parts 6,7,8,10,11, and 12 activate.
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

Sasadad wrote:

Code: Select all

makeTrigger,death,enableGun,2,6,7,8,10,11,12
to make it so when part #2 dies, parts 6,7,8,10,11, and 12 activate.
That's entirely correct, it should work!
Mouzi

Post by Mouzi »

Triggers! <3

Here's my first level with the new trigger:

The Spectrum Puzzle!
Sasadad

Post by Sasadad »

As I was designing a level, I realized what the next thing that should (if possible) be implemented into the game following this update. I think that there should be a command so that when a part is destroyed, other parts start rotating. This would follow the same set-up as the functions in this update, and it would be infinitely useful. I can think of several ways I would like to use that feature. :)

Oh, and the command I mentioned in the other post still isn't working.