Announcements will appear here.
MD
Site Admin

Update - Christmas Eve

Post by MD »

Merry Christmas!

New update, now online:
-Grouping! Shift click items
-Duplicate part(s): CTRL-d, or set an alternate key in the options menu, as some browsers don't like CTRL combos
-Select all parts, or select just the core if all the parts are selected already: CTRL-a, or set an alternate
-Select just the core: CTRL-h, or set an alternate
-Moving/rotating with SHIFT key held: Move 10 pixels instead of 1, or rotate 45 degrees instead of 1 (Let me know if i can get rid of the previous rotate 45 degree keys)
-Little bit of eye candy in game.
-Laser fixed
-You can't drag the core to move everything anymore, use Select All instead
-Moved some of the buttons around, I hope this is more convenient. Some different shortcut keys as well, mouse over a button in the editor to see.
-Preloader, so you won't sit at a black screen while it's loading
-Oh, i almost forgot, that new weapon I previewed a while back is online too

That's it, i think, i may have forgotten some smaller, less significant, updates.
There's more to come too, just thought i'd get the current version online before I start messing around with other features (as I tend to break things in between updates :D )

God bless,
~MD
Redsatori

Post by Redsatori »

Thanks for a GREAT Christmas gift MD!!!
The world keeps a balance, through mathematics, defined by whatever you've added and subtracted.
Atmosphere, Godlovesugly
It's better to be choking your chicken in hand than to be tossing your rocks off in a bush.
Shin Chan
Geiss

Post by Geiss »

Thx MD. Merry Christmas everybody :D

Edit: I made a level with the new singularities, they're pretty cool. The maze makers will love this new addition.
trickstapriest

Post by trickstapriest »

Thanks! I'll give these new features a try, it looks like it'll be a lot of fun. Curious to see what else you'll try to implement, too. :)
Redsatori

Post by Redsatori »

Well, after messing around with the new editor and the new weapn, I am very impressed, MD. I love the redesigned editor, everything works out nicely from what I have been doing.

Only problem I have had lately is the number of the new weapon that has been placed into the game by the designers, most notably the new designers. Hopefully, this new wave of designers will stop putting so many weapons on their levels and work towards creating challenging levels that don't require 500 of each weapon in order to make it a challenge.
The world keeps a balance, through mathematics, defined by whatever you've added and subtracted.
Atmosphere, Godlovesugly
It's better to be choking your chicken in hand than to be tossing your rocks off in a bush.
Shin Chan
Geiss

Post by Geiss »

I presume you meant designers like ak 467? I beat the look alive singularity level quite easily by finding a very small deadzone where nothing hit along the lower edge somewhere along the middle. Levels that just have tons of weapons slopped onto them will always have loopholes like that one if you ask me since the thought behind the designs are rather careless.
trickstapriest

Post by trickstapriest »

I'm really wondering if it's possible to clean out this mess of all these really, really shoddy games. But other than making people 'beat the current version' for them to show up, or someone actively cleaning them out, I don't see a way.

At the very least, someone could set it up so that the default listing doesn't include levels that haven't been defeated yet by their maker. You can check it to show undefeated levels, but as the base default won't include them, most of these thoughtless mapmakers will get irked by the lack of them appearing on the list... or something...

It's actually becoming a very big problem for me to find any levels worthwhile playing with all this chaff filling up the list.
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Whoops.... I just popped in to wish MD and all a Merry Christmas (better late than never!?). I hope you're all enjoying the holiday season.

I like the tweeks to the existing weapons, and got a kick out of the sound for Singularity. It got a little nerve racking when it gets overused but everyone knew that was going to happen. Hopefully it will subside as the abusive designers develop better skills.

If not, perhaps you could change the sound to something like one of these:
http://www.fart-sounds.net/fart_sound_board.htm, since the weapon kinda looks like a big cloud of deadly gas anyway :lol: