Update - Colours

Announcements will appear here.
MD
Site Admin

Update - Colours

Post by MD »

You may now customize the colours of your creation!

Feedback welcome.

~MD
Mouzi

Post by Mouzi »

Haven't tried it out yet because I'm at school, but invincible guns in old levels can't be distinguished as invincible anymore :/
n3cr0m33p5

Post by n3cr0m33p5 »

Just colorized Steam Shovel - proto.
Added a couple layers to get a bright hue, but very nice indeed.

At first I thought my speakers had gone ka-put, but checked the Options and saw you made some changes there as well

Could have an issue with invulerable parts if the colors can be changed
Also adds a bit of a challenge at the same time ; are they or aren't they able to be taken out
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

Regarding invincible parts, since the colours can be changed I'm not enforcing the colour to light blue except on parts that are their original colour. I could change the colour of invincible guns (if they have their original colour) too if you'd like.

The reason I don't change every invincible part to be brighter is that if someone wants a specific colour then they'd have to make the part darker so that the invincible changes it to the brighter colour...that would be silly.

Also, whenever a bullet hits an invincible part it does not flash like a normal part. This will give a clue that it cannot be destroyed....unless all the parts are white, in which case they won't appear to flash at all.
n3cr0m33p5 wrote:At first I thought my speakers had gone ka-put, but checked the Options and saw you made some changes there as well
Yup, there's a mute option now, it wasn't muting by default I hope?

I had to change the colour of switches too, because now the colours are set in code which means each part can only be one colour (instead of blue with a red/green/etc in the middle).

~MD
n3cr0m33p5

Post by n3cr0m33p5 »

Might have been the computer I was using, my home comp the sounds worked fine first run.

One thing I did notice about invulnerable parts, is that auto-aim will not target them so that's another way to know.

I'd say let it run a while and see how the comments flow before making any changes to the invulnerable parts
Adds to the challenge ... do I shoot this thing over here or am I wasting my time dodging shots to hit it
Sasadad

Post by Sasadad »

Wow. Awesome. You mentioned that you were working on it, MD, but now that I see it in levels (including your "Rainbow"), it's even better than I expected. Maybe hitting invincible part should make a slight 'clang' sound or something.

And also, nice flashing when a part is selected. The new circle part is pretty cool, too. I't going to be very helpful in some levels. This was probably the all-time best update.
swartzer

Post by swartzer »

This is cool, thanks!

I think the non-flashing of invincible parts is a good enough clue. It adds a bit of challenge, but isn't impossible.
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

DDDDDDude!!!!!!!!!! I love it MD. I found it out by chance playing your Rainbow level. Woooo Hooooo... Can't wait to see someone do a kaliedoscope (we old folks are easily amused :-) Fetch the ball Zeke!).

^5 to Sasadad on A Giant Pumpkin

While I think of it... can you set things up for users to get a notice about forum updates without them having to log into the forum. I know we get an update to responses, but I'm talking about stuff that falls outside of that.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

Zeke wrote:can you set things up for users to get a notice about forum updates without them having to log into the forum. I know we get an update to responses, but I'm talking about stuff that falls outside of that.
Certainly! there's already a system in place for that, although it's probably not obvious to most. In this post I posted links to RSS feeds, so you may want to take the topics-only news link and put it in either an RSS reader or an Rss to Email service; try searching for rss email.

Glad you all seem to like it. A slightly different sound for invincible parts is a good idea Sasadad, I'll give that some thought.

~MD