Fullscreen mode

Bug reports, suggestions, questions, etc that relate to the development of Zeta Flow and this website.
Mouzi

Fullscreen mode

Post by Mouzi »

I just had this idea while making a level and I used F11 to get it as large as possible (I have a lot of toolbars in my browser) and I had to make a few changes in settings to get it stretch for the whole screen. Then I thought that it would be possible to do all this with single click if you had a button in the flash for fullscreen view.

So here's my suggestion for MD: Add a button for fullscreen view. If you don't know about it yet you can read about it here [adobe.com].

Just make sure it's available in the editor as well as in the game ;P

EDIT: Although this takes the usefullness out of the editor
Author in the above link wrote:Users cannot enter text in text input fields while in full-screen mode. All keyboard input and key-related ActionScript is disabled while in full-screen mode, with the exception of the keyboard shortcuts that take the viewer out of full-screen mode.
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

I just tried it, and the game is completely unplayable in fullscreen, as it ignores mouse coordinates and clicking as well as keyboard input. Have you ever seen a game successfully use fullscreen mode?

However, you could download the standalone flash player and load up the url from there. Then just press Ctrl-F for fullscreen. This is a different kind of fullscreen mode than the new one, this one has been around for years (<= flash 6) and it doesn't work in a browser. This isn't very user friendly.

Good thought though

~MD
Mouzi

Post by Mouzi »

Oh, it's that restricted?

Yeah it wouldn't work then :/
Mouzi

Post by Mouzi »

This is for everyone using Firefox:
I just found a great FF extension for this purpose!
It can be downloaded from here.
You can choose from the options to hide the tab bar too so it will
work exactly the same way as flash fullscreen and make it really FULLscreen.

Oh and BTW it works by pressing the F11 hotkey (same as the normal FF fullscreen).

EDIT: Or right click > Toggle Fullscreen.
swartzer

Post by swartzer »

It looks like the newly released FF3 does this even without an extension. It just leaves a thin white line at the top, and if you move your mouse there your toolbar shows up, but other than that it hides the browser completely.
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

Opera can go fullscreen with F11 too. Though it's a bit tricky to get out of because when flash is in focus it captures all the keyboard events...including the button to escape fullscreen...have to use the mouse to click the background behind the flash movie then hit escape or F11.

~MD
Mouzi

Post by Mouzi »

swartzer wrote:It looks like the newly released FF3 does this even without an extension. It just leaves a thin white line at the top, and if you move your mouse there your toolbar shows up, but other than that it hides the browser completely.
Oh, it won't for me. Could be because I got some extra toolbars :D (Gotta love web developer toolbar).

And yeah, I knew Opera does it natively :P

I'd probably use Opera anyway if I hadn't all these extensions for Firefox.