Level editor backup suggestion

Bug reports, suggestions, questions, etc that relate to the development of Zeta Flow and this website.
Mouzi

Level editor backup suggestion

Post by Mouzi »

You could make the editor save the current level under development in the same way it stores the name and password and then have a button to restore last session's level so that if you accidentally hit back or your browser/computer crashes or something like that you wouldn't lose the level.
I don't know how difficult this would be to implement or if it's even possible, but anyways it would be a nice addition :)
Sasadad

Post by Sasadad »

I agree, if it wouldn't be too hard to make it would certainly save a lot of levels. The stored backup might take up a lot of server room, but I wouldn't know.
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

Good idea. It actually doesn't take much room to store, all of the levels created so far have only amounted to 9 MB. And I wouldn't have to save it on the server; the username and password are stored in Flash's version of a cookie on the local computer, so I could periodically save the level there.

So...it's on my list of things to do. Contest related stuff will probably come first.
~MD
Sasadad

Post by Sasadad »

Oh, cool. I hope to see this put in sometime soon. And all the levels only take up THAT MUCH? :o
Mouzi

Post by Mouzi »

Well they are after all just a set of small commands.
The level is only the size you see it in AI editor and Text edit.
Only those texts are stored. (And the info you choose when you save and scores of course).