Flash Error

Bug reports, suggestions, questions, etc that relate to the development of Zeta Flow and this website.
asdasdg

Flash Error

Post by asdasdg »

Problem
Does anyone have any clue as to why the game does not load on many computers? (not just mine)
I can get to the gallary and see the lvl names, read, and post forums but thats it.
When i try to load a level it starts to load but then stops in the middle of the loading process.
I can't even get to the editor from this computor.
It might have something to do with one of the latest flash updates.

I want to have my answers and i want them in detail. I also want to know why this site is incompatible with a flash update.
M.D., I think that you are running this site like a dictator. I want your answer and explanation in full detail. I also have made observations of other websites that are only run by one person, and they dont usualy do well. You need help with the game encoding.
MD
Site Admin

Re: Flash Error

Post by MD »

I have not had any complaints from anyone else, suggesting that the problem may be specific to your environment. Perhaps you could explain the operating system, browser, version of flash, and internet service you are using.

I have no problems loading the game using the latest Flash Player, version 10. Also, if there was a problem with the latest flash update then the problem would rest on Adobe's shoulders as it is up to them to ensure backward compatibility with previous versions. Fyi, Zeta Flow is built on Flash 6, and every version they've come out with since has not had any problems.

Lastly, i think dictator is a bit harsh don't you think? granted I have absolute power over everything that happens on this site. But that's simply because I own it, i created it, and i pay for it out of my own pocket. I think it makes sense for a creator to have power over the created. Furthermore, everyone is here voluntarily; this site would not exist without contributions from others.

So that's my explanation, is it detailed enough?

~MD
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

i myselfdo not know whatversion of flash this computer uses. It might be something to do with the security on the system.
~asdasdg
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

where could i find out what version of flash i have. Anyways, im still not able to run the games on this site.
To make matters worse, this computer is vista.
~asdasdg
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

asdasdg12,

If you are having problems you should learn how to phrase your question in a courteous manner, and with at least a modicum of respect for the person that hosts this site. You are permitted to play the game here for free and you have no right to demand anything.

MD has been more than generous in taking time to listen to peoples input and respond when possible. Calling him a dictator is hyperbole to say the least. A website owner can do whatever they want with their site. Those who chose to visit have no say over its content or how it is run. If you don't like it you don't have to revisit it.

The game loads just fine on my computer and I'm guessing the problem is solely yours. If you are having Flash problems you can test your installation here.
Last edited by Zeke on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Sasadad

Post by Sasadad »

Zeke wrote:asdasdg12,

I'm going to say what I hope a lot of the other regulars here are thinking but not saying.
*Is one of those regulars*
Well said, Zeke.
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

sorry about that. Sometimes i can get extremly frustrated and mad and what i intend to say does not come out the way i want it too.
~asdasdg
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

For what it's worth, I think it took some guts to say your sorry, and I respect that. Everyone gets bent out of shape now and then.

Keep making good levels.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
swartzer

Post by swartzer »

Zeke's right; everybody loses their temper sometimes and says something out of line. Way too many people either never realize what they've done, or never admit it.

Hope you get the bug worked out, and stick around!
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

i will see if i can get my dad to try to fix the instalation. like you said, it may be installed incorectlly.
~asdasdg
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

You might find this link useful to test your Flash installation.

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

The one I listed previously doesn't seem to be valid anymore.

Good Luck

asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

Finnally. I can resume my work.
secret1

Post by secret1 »

I also have the same problem as asdasdg. (Although his problem is fixed)
I've installed the latest version of Flash (10.0.22.87)
But for some reason still cannot play any levels at the Gallery
The message I got each time
Failed to load level
Requested level ID: XXXXX
(Although I can still access to the Editor)

I don't think it's a problem from Flash installation
Could you help me?
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

I do not know how it stoped working on my previous computer. It just did.
For a while on this one, it would not work. Then it did.
~asdasdg