shield bug

Bug reports, suggestions, questions, etc that relate to the development of Zeta Flow and this website.
asdasdg

shield bug

Post by asdasdg »

I have noticed that by using the shield that you start out with, you can go through the areas of objects, such as the stick, where their is a gap.
I am currently unable to provide the nessecary evidence at this moment. But it will arrive shortly.
swartzer

Re: shield bug

Post by swartzer »

Yeah, this is pretty well-known. You can even go through solid stuff sometimes, and if the boss pushes you against the wall when your starter shield is up, you can go through anything, even a forcefield, as long as it's not too thick.

This is just something you have to think about when designing levels. Some levels are even set up so you have to take advantage of this trick to win.
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

Well, about the part where when you get destroyed and then once you start shooting again, the shield stays up and if it gets hit, BOOM!
swartzer

Post by swartzer »

That part really is a bug; it only happens if you get hit at the exact moment that your shield runs out. The shield is actually gone, but its image reappears, making you a much bigger target until the image vanishes again.

This probably isn't hard to fix. I've never bothered reporting it before because it happens rarely, and if you're watching out for it, almost never.

But using the shield to get through things is a feature, not a bug.
Nancyhuang

Post by Nancyhuang »

I think these skills look very useful,i will to have a try.