this is very annoying

Bug reports, suggestions, questions, etc that relate to the development of Zeta Flow and this website.
kirill2525
Location: wheeling Illinois. usa, Earth, Milky Way, Galaxy #325

this is very annoying

Post by kirill2525 »

I made a level 10224 aka Level 0 Mod ( http://zetaflow.skylogic.ca/game/play/10224/ ) . so every time the player gets killed the enemy ship moves to the top left corner of the field (its set to follow player) this actually makes thelevel harder then i entended it to be, because the player crashes into the enemy a lot when he/she tries to avoid fire. it would be better if the enemy stayed were it was when it killed the ship or moved to the center of the field. the same thing may be also aplied to missiles but thats not as anoying. this is acctually hard to explain so can you play my level and see for your self. this will only take around 5 minuts. thank you for your time -------- Kirill
Kirill likes fish ><))))*>
This be mah gun Image
MD
Site Admin

Re: this is very annoying

Post by MD »

You're absolutely right, when you die you're position defaults to (0,0). The only reason it hasn't been fixed is because no one has complained about it, and I personally haven't found it to be annoying. So then, I will add it to my To Do list - no promises on when i'll get around to it though.

Thanks,
~MD
Mouzi

Post by Mouzi »

You should keep in mind that it might break or at least significantly change many other levels that may be easier/harder because of it :S
kirill2525

Post by kirill2525 »

i don't care that the players ship defaults to 0,0. whats bothering me is that the enemy of the player (the designed ship) always moves to the left, upper corner of the field. its hard to explain so plz play the level that i mentioned for 5-10 minutes to see what i mean
Kirill likes fish ><))))*>
This be mah gun Image
NARFNra
Location: Laughing evilly as he manipulates the government on Zeta Flolan.

Post by NARFNra »

Subject: this is very annoying
kirill2525 wrote:i don't care that the players ship defaults to 0,0. whats bothering me is that the enemy of the player (the designed ship) always moves to the left, upper corner of the field. its hard to explain so plz play the level that i mentioned for 5-10 minutes to see what i mean

Are you even listening to what he said? 0,0 IS THE UPPER LEFT CORNER.
I am of open mind and willing to hear criticism. Also: That's stupid and you're stupid. ~ 8Bit Theater

Ye who runs needlessly,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
~La Mulana, Endless Corridor Tablet
idageek

Post by idageek »

ill try my hand at clarification:

when you program the ship to follow the player, it will follow your coordinate changes

when you die, the players coordinate is set to (0,0), so the enemy will follow that until you completely re-spawn

i know what you are talking about, and i too have found it somewhat annoying, so i like to make immobile opponents
Sasadad

Post by Sasadad »

Yes, this is kind of disruptive to some levels, but like Mouzi said, changing it could ruin or at least alter past levels made with this in mind. I can't really think of any levels like that, though.
kirill2525

Post by kirill2525 »

I got it now thanks. Altho i still think the enemy should move to the center of screen and not 0,0 :|