Suggestion: Damage Trigger

Bug reports, suggestions, questions, etc that relate to the development of Zeta Flow and this website.
Sasadad

Suggestion: Damage Trigger

Post by Sasadad »

I just thought of something: perhaps we could have damage triggers? I'm not sure if it's be like after X damage or after X percent of HP is gone or what. The code would look like:

Code: Select all

makeTrigger, damage, PART#, DAMAGE_NEEDED, ANY_COMMAND
So that you could have something happen when a part is damaged enough. Since most parts don't have enough HP for this to be all that useful, this would probably be best used with the core. You could have it so that as that core gets more and more damaged, something changes color to show that. You could have a part become invincible when it's half dead, then you need to go do something else to make it vulnerable again. As with most things in ZF, the possibilities would be endless. So, do you think it's a good idea? And to MD, would it be possible?

Also, I thought I'd mention two tiny things that don't need topics here:
-A nice shortcut would be that when you double-click that little color box in the editor it make the selected part that color for those times when you need to color a lot of parts so you don't have to click the box, avoid the colors, and click OK. It's pretty trivial, but meh.
-The "Code" in a code box should probably be a different color. ULTRATRIVIAL!
Mouzi

Re: Suggestion: Damage Trigger

Post by Mouzi »

Why not just make the core layered? After first layer dies you can set a death trigger to do something etc.

Also I think the explosion and some part disappearing is a good sign that you've done something correct so it's less confusing if you don't have to try and think if something happened or not.
Nancyhuang

Re: Suggestion: Damage Trigger

Post by Nancyhuang »

If you feel yoiu are a lucky dog, you will be lucky!