User names

Bug reports, suggestions, questions, etc that relate to the development of Zeta Flow and this website.
asdasdg

User names

Post by asdasdg »

OK. MD, I have a suggestion for your site.

Add dissalowed charecters to your user name registers.

Diisalowed charecters should be:
;
/
@
:
'
"
(any punctuation marks basicly excluding spaces)
Zeke

Re: User names

Post by Zeke »

Do these characters present a problem?

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

Aparently.......

There are several users that I can not acces profiles on.
The message it displays is:
"The URI you have submitted has dissalowed charecters."
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

If I go to the User Control Panel > Usergroups > Registered Users, aren't I accessing all registered users? Are there users who don't show up in that listing?

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

Im not talking about the forums. I am talking about the gallery. Some users have dissalowed charecters in there names and I can not access their profiles.
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

I'm confused about what you mean about their "profiles". In the Gallery, I can do a search and just leave the User Name box empty and hit "go" , to display all Gallery users. But if I click on a user, all I see are a list of levels created by a particular user, not a profile. What am I not understanding?

EDIT:

Nevermind. I see what you're talking about now. I just brought the list up and clicked on @=magnus=@ and got the screen you were talking about.

asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

Yep. Thing same here.
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

Hey MD, when you get the time, could you implement this new feature or solve the problem? I am getting kinda frustrated with those invalid characters in the URL. (btw, I typed this without looking at my keyboard.)
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

Better?

At least for now... e.g.

~MD
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

@MD - I personally don't care about this issue but I also don't see anything different, so I don't know what you mean by "better".

If you go to the gallery and do a search for @=magnus=@, you're still going to get the invalid page error msg. I image that any other user names that contain the offending characters will get you the same results.

@asdasdg12 - If you know the users name (ie: @=magnus=@), just enter "magnus" into the search box, and you'll get what you want. This method should work as long as the username contains some legitimate alphanumeric characters.

asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

Much better MD. thanks :D
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

Oh right, forgot to change the Search form too, try now. (Before I just did the Gallery links)

~MD
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

I tried doing a search for @=magnus=@ and instead for getting that other error msg, I got a "None" for the Users Matching Your Search.

You're getting warmer MD :-)

MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

Warmer is good :) haha

And...you sure about that? works here

~MD
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Working like a champ now. You're smokin hot now! :lol: