Restart Level

Bug reports, suggestions, questions, etc that relate to the development of Zeta Flow and this website.
asdasdg

Restart Level

Post by asdasdg »

I was thinking about levels that you have to beat in a certin amount of time before they become unbeatable....
Well, it is sometimes annoying when you hit that time limmit and the level becomes unbeatable so you have to refresh the page. Some people have slower internet connections and it sometimes takes longer to load levels on their computer then other times.
This is particuarly annoying when their is no lives limmit so you can not "kill yourself" to end the level.

(Pros and cons of restart level button)

A restart level button would be able to remove this annoyance factor entirely. Thus, saving both possibly time and internet use quota (a smaller bennifite for those with a larger allowance quota but significent to those with a smaller quota like 5 GB/month). Time would be saved as you would not have to use your refresh button and go through the whole level loading cycle again. Simply pausing and cliking restset level could save time.

Cons.

A potential difficulty to program into the site (at least for me as I am not a good programer). accidental restarts on levels (conformation of reset is recomended to prevent this). changes look of pause menue (if that is where it is put).

Feel free to contribute your imput on this topic here.

:)
Mouzi

Re: Restart Level

Post by Mouzi »

I think the "Play" button in the menu could be completely replaced with "Restart" as it is when you lose. You have to use P to get to the menu so it's no big deal using P to close the menu (or maybe add a small X in the corner for closing it). A confirmation dialog would be a good thing though since some people are probably used to clicking the "Play" button.
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

I was thinking along the lines of an additional button, but that might be acceptable. Even though it might take some getting-used to.
Nancyhuang

Post by Nancyhuang »

I know it is so useful.