Rating system? Personal stats?

Bug reports, suggestions, questions, etc that relate to the development of Zeta Flow and this website.
Pure

Rating system? Personal stats?

Post by Pure »

Easy access to the user created levels with the gallery is excellent. My only gripe with the way things are is that I cannot tell one level from another without playing. I ran into a few excellent levels with some thought put into them (Zorokail's Achilles and Juggernaut), and a few that were very easy or simplistic, as well as one that was technically possible, but a rather boring fight overall (Sympathy). I'd like a way to distinguish levels, either by a user review system or some indication of effort such as AI, parts/turrets used, or time spent creating.

I'd also like to suggest a way to tell which levels I've beaten.

I found Zeta Flow from JayIsGames, and agree with their positive review overall. Keep up the good work!
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

You're right, now that there are so many levels (214 and rising!) it's quite tedious to keep track of which levels i've played and which ones I thought were really good. A rating system shouldn't be too hard to implement, and i'll see about getting personal stats in there as well (no guarantees for when I'll have it updated though).

Thanks,
~MD
the_corruptor

Post by the_corruptor »

that's a great idea. I haven't had a chance to play many levels, but the only way I know which ones I've played is by the diffrent color of a link that's already been clicked.
Geiss

Post by Geiss »

Another good idea to go with the ones already mentioned here would be a favorites system. When the number of user created levels gets really high, it would be nice to be able to favorite ones you liked to make them easier to find later.
Sasadad

Post by Sasadad »

Wow, this is an old topic!

Obviously rating has been implemented, but I agree with the idea of some other way to tell how much effort was put into a level... I think a comments system would be perfect! You may need to get a few people to patrol the comments and delete bad ones, but I think some people would be willing to help out :wink: (they could also delete levels with bad names and stuff).