New Idea For A Weapon by Omega Destroyer!!! :)

Bug reports, suggestions, questions, etc that relate to the development of Zeta Flow and this website.
Omega Destroyer

New Idea For A Weapon by Omega Destroyer!!! :)

Post by Omega Destroyer »

I have a new Idea For a weapon and I think every one might like this Idea.

First of all how about drones for a weapons. like when the drones launch out and try to attack the player.
second of all how about a multiple missile attack first it lunch one huge missile then. Then that missile blows up creating
allot of small missile and try to destroy the players ship.
I have one more Idea. how about this weapons. cloneing weapon it shoot one shot like a beam to a players ship then in clowns it in to an enemy ship and is like fighting your own ship. when that clown ship is destroy then it will try to shoot you and create another ship untell the weapons is destroy. well this is my Idea so I hope you choose My Idea but just encase if you don't then oh well.
well I am a creative person and I just like to think of Ideas so yeah. well I hope every one well like my Idea. :)

PS: new weapons is good. Like if you make 10 new weapons would be great. well I'll see you all. Later

/*moved to suggestions forum~MD*/
NARFNra
Location: Laughing evilly as he manipulates the government on Zeta Flolan.

Re: New Idea For A Weapon by Omega Destroyer!!! :)

Post by NARFNra »

uh... okay whatever. Ok ideas.
I am of open mind and willing to hear criticism. Also: That's stupid and you're stupid. ~ 8Bit Theater

Ye who runs needlessly,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
~La Mulana, Endless Corridor Tablet
Omega Builder

Post by Omega Builder »

Mmm.... there okay weapons but not EPIC weapons
But you have great imagination
Our creations are based on your creativity and imagination
-Omega Builder-
swartzer

Post by swartzer »

Hearing some more ideas would be cool; maybe we can inspire MD to do some more updates.

Some random ideas:

A spreader that is less predictable, and fires out at different angles. If twelve random angles would be annoying to code, maybe have it still do the normal twelve-way shot, but just rotate the whole pattern by a random amount each time.

A "shotgun" that fires a blast of bullets in a narrow angle. You can sort of make this already with multiple single guns, but I don't know how to make them fire in sync.

Rockets that explode into deadly shrapnel when destroyed, or maybe that just shoot out a pattern of bullets when they blow up, if shrapnel would be hard to program.

A gun that fires out one large bullet which explodes with a singularity effect after a certain distance.

Even though most of these are variations on the existing weapons. I still think they're interesting because they'd give more choices to designers.

Anybody else have ideas? What would you think of as an epic weapon, Omega Builder?
Omega Builder

Post by Omega Builder »

The halter: It stops you're ship with a singularity effect after the effect is gone you can move again.

Sonic Boom: Fires a wave that increses in size until its gone.

Machine Gun: Acts like a spreader but it fires bullets to left to right or vice versa.

----------------------------

I was thinking about power-ups too like a speed enhancer, Double Damage, Quad Damage and a shield that last ten seconds.
Our creations are based on your creativity and imagination
-Omega Builder-
NARFNra

Post by NARFNra »

I'm gonna copy my weapon list here then...
!!!!!PULSED BULLETS!!!!!
Basically, a bullet that fires at the player, stops about 1.5 inches (3cm) away, then waits about a second, jets toward the player, stops, waits about a second, jets toward the player, stops, waits about a second, jets toward the player, stops, waits about a second, jets toward the player, stops, waits about a second, jets toward the player, Until shot or the homing missile timer(The one that makes homing missiles stop working) ends.

Incidentally, I got the idea from Darius Gaiden, so look there (youtube) if you don't understand it.
I am of open mind and willing to hear criticism. Also: That's stupid and you're stupid. ~ 8Bit Theater

Ye who runs needlessly,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
swartzer

Post by swartzer »

Would the pulsed bullet change directions every time it started moving after a pause? That would be cool. I agree it should stop after the same duration that rockets do; it should probably just vanish at that point, though it might be interesting if it hung around for a while as a stationary obstacle.
NARFNra

Post by NARFNra »

swartzer wrote:Would the pulsed bullet change directions every time it started moving after a pause?

Yes.

Ye who runs needlessly,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

How about a weapon that only causes you to be unable to fire for a period of time (only one allowed per level)?
~asdasdg
kirill2525
Location: wheeling Illinois. usa, Earth, Milky Way, Galaxy #325

Post by kirill2525 »

how about a bullet that flies for about 3-4 inches, stops, trackes were you are and propels itself at the player at near-laser speed, if the player moves the bullet curves in his direction slightly.the bullet should also leave a trail that remains uncrossible for 5 seconds. i also think that the missiles should be more stream-like, heck why not make a wepon editor so that players can make their own wepons. mabe new wepons for the player to use, [btw if making a lvl editor any one can ask me anything (my ideas/thoughts) at kirill25@gmail.com or leave a message at my website kirill2525.webs.com ] any way, i think the each level should have a "game speed" option (maybe in the form of a slider?), the reson for this is that i noticed that when i make a game and test it, it might play faster then it did originally, making the level harder then i entended it to be (lvl edtor option maybe?). this is also bothering me: I made a level 10224 aka Level 0 Mod ( http://zetaflow.skylogic.ca/game/play/10224/ ) . so every time the player gets killed the enemy ship moves to the top left corner of the field (its set to follow player) this actually makes thelevel harder then i entended it to be, because the player crashes into the enemy a lot when he/she tries to avoid fire. it would be better if the enemy stayed were it was when it killed the ship or moved to the center of the field. the same thing may be also aplied to missiles but thats not as anoying. this is acctually hard to explain so can you play my level and see for your self. this will only take around 5 minuts. thank you for your time -------- Kirill
Kirill likes fish ><))))*>
This be mah gun Image
NARFNra

Post by NARFNra »

Learn to spell.
how about a bullet that flies for about 3-4 inches, stops, trackes were you are and propels itself at the player at near-laser speed, if the player moves the bullet curves in his direction slightly.the bullet should also leave a trail that remains uncrossible for 5 seconds

Sounds an awful lot like my weapon.

any way, i think the each level should have a "game speed" option (maybe in the form of a slider?), the reson for this is that i noticed that when i make a game and test it, it might play faster then it did originally, making the level harder then i entended it to be (lvl edtor option maybe?). this is also bothering me: I made a level 10224 aka Level 0 Mod

This is due to slowdown.

so every time the player gets killed the enemy ship moves to the top left corner of the field (its set to follow player) this actually makes thelevel harder then i entended it to be, because the player crashes into the enemy a lot when he/she tries to avoid fire. it would be better if the enemy stayed were it was when it killed the ship or moved to the center of the field. the same thing may be also aplied to missiles but thats not as anoying. this is acctually hard to explain so can you play my level and see for your self. this will only take around 5 minuts. thank you for your time

When you die, follow ship has no ship to aim for. Thus, the boss aims for 0,0, as that is where the ship's location relocates to when dead.

Ye who runs needlessly,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
kirill2525

Post by kirill2525 »

i wonder if the MDs even read this, of if they do , do they even consider to run these awesome suggestions? and my idea and your pulsed bullet are different things. yours does this:
>>>[>>>[>>>[>>>
mine does this:
>>>[[[============================>
This be mah gun Image
NARFNra

Post by NARFNra »

Fine, but if it tracked and then went at near laser speed, it would be pretty much undodgable without warm up time, and then people would just make 50 of them. It would be impossible to do anything when you were being constantly lasered and if they left a trail, it would be impossible.

Ye who runs needlessly,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
kirill2525

Post by kirill2525 »

the trail would last only 2.5 seconds and the bullet would curve Very slightly (10-20 degrees max) also once the bullet tracks your position it would take 1.384 seconds before it fires and even then it travels at about1/2-2/3 laser speed.
This be mah gun Image
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

kirill2525 wrote:i wonder if the MDs even read this, of if they do , do they even consider to run these awesome suggestions?
These suggestions are indeed awesome, and we do consider them. However, we don't have all the time in the world to be working on the game, we don't get paid for this (though we got 1 donation once, which was very nice of him), and we are but one man...a full time student at that, trying to make enough money by making websites for other people and companies. Speaking of which, if you know of anyone needing a website, let us (me) know.

p.s. Can you tone down your very over sized signature please

Thanks!
~MD