Acceptable Level Naming and Graphic Designs

Bug reports, suggestions, questions, etc that relate to the development of Zeta Flow and this website.
Zeke

Acceptable Level Naming and Graphic Designs

Post by Zeke »

Okay... This is just one man's opinion, and I may be way out of place in saying this, but I think that levels with names that contains (for lack of a better word) profanity should NOT be permitted. Nor do I think it is appropriate to post levels that are designed to look like genitalia. I'm no prude by any stretch of the imagination but there is a time and a place for everything. If that is the best you can come up with, then perhaps you should open a dictionary and start learning some new words. It's just a sign of a low IQ.

Since there is no age checking for players and designers, the responsibility (and sensibility) should lie with Matt and perhaps the forum members.

Zeta Flow is a terrific game and Matt has done an equally terrific job of presenting it to the public and making it grow. I see no reason why it shouldn't be around for many years to come. But this kind of garbage has no place in it. There is a good reason why you don't see names like this in games that are sold to the public. People find it offensive and indicative of a low mentality.

That's the end of my rant! What's your opinion?

(NOTE: I have edited my original post to remove level numbers which MD has deleted, and also to remove a comment which no longer applies.)
Last edited by Zeke on Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

I completely agree, I've deleted several levels already that fall into the garbage category since Zeta Flow went online. I'm more than happy to keep things tidy, let me know when you find such levels as I don't usually get a chance to play all of them.

~MD
swartzer

Post by swartzer »

I don't personally have any problem with profanity, but if MD wants his game to be free of offensive content, I believe we should all respect that.
XKat20

Post by XKat20 »

I don't give a crap if they include swearing but Sexually Related Organs are gross.