Some of my favorites

Design concepts in general, talk about your favorites, show levels you've made, give feedback.
MD
Site Admin

Some of my favorites

Post by MD »

I was going to put this in the other thread, but decided not to bombard it with screenshots.

I prefer creative and artistic levels, as well as the simple, symetrical, and organized levels. Here are some of my favorites:

I liked the spinning circles for some reason:

I liked the swinging tail in this one:

Artistic...kinda cartoony actually :)

Very symetrical:

Simplicity:

Wow, i hadn't seen this one until you mentioned it, very cool:

I'm amazed what people have come up with, I never even considered making a level non-robotic-boss-ish when I first started.

(ok, maybe I went a little over the top with all the screenshots...o well...)
Feel free to post your own favorites.

~MD
Geiss

Post by Geiss »

Those are some very nice ones. Here are some that I have found:

Jonah and the Whale by CitPrem:
Difficult but creative. I managed to beat this one but I'll let you all find out how for yourselves. Other levels by CitPrem can be found here.

Centripetal Bond by MD
I like the simplicity of this one along with the effective placement of the lasers. It was from this level that I understood how to do rotation.

Zoocwarg 3 by Magnus_LTD
This one was impressive - its all linked but when you play the level it appears to be several different ships! Very clever use of rotation and the AI.
More levels by Magnus can be found here.

Those were the ones I could think of, I'll post more later.
Last edited by Geiss on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geiss

Post by Geiss »

Here is another recent one thats pretty hard but good:

Simplier design and minimal but efficient weapons. This level by TestUser has inspired many level builders who came afterwards.
Last edited by Geiss on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geiss

Post by Geiss »

Time for an update. There are many accomplished levels now that deserve to be show cased in this thread.

This level, created by Cray is artistically very well done and makes good use of the editor and AI options
available for visual interest.

This is another neat artistic level, this time by Redsatori. The movement and rotation ai was put to excellent
use to simulate natural looking wing motion.

This level, made by me, is a good example of the power of minimalistic design emphasizing placement over
quantity - the level only has 8 weapons which it uses fairly effectively to cover all blind spots without relying
on sweeping laser beams. It plays quickly with mouse aim but is still a lot of fun.