Project: Architype

Design concepts in general, talk about your favorites, show levels you've made, give feedback.
asdasdg

Project: Architype

Post by asdasdg »

Within the next 5 hours, a new zeta flow level will be made. Currently under the code name "architype-1," this level will be a revolution to the Zeta Flow game. For now, that is all I can say. More updates to come as avalible.
asdasdg

Re: Project: Architype

Post by asdasdg »

Finnally. Project Architype can be revealed.
Presenting: Pick your Battle

In this level, you start off at a screen with three switches. Each one corresponds to an opponent that you can fight. An easy opponent (for those who are not that experienced), a more intermidiate level, and a hard(ish) level. However, because you have infinite lives, they are all beatable (unless I made a serious AI mistake but I tested them out before I released it so please inform me if there is).

This level took me a few days to actually design the concepts for, but once I had the level concept drawings made, it only took me about three hours to assemble. I made this level as I wanted to see how well this rellativly unknown concept of letting someone pick their fight become known. So far, I really have only seen one or two levels simmilar (in roundabout manners) to this one.

If you have any suggestions for the next Architype project, please let me know.
Attachments
one of the opponents avalible to fight
one of the opponents avalible to fight
choose your battle 2.jpg (29.52 KiB) Viewed 9760 times
starting screen
starting screen
choose your battle 1.jpg (15.71 KiB) Viewed 9770 times
Mouzi

Post by Mouzi »

No link?
The concept has been done but nice job on implementing a full level on it :)

EDIT: Oh, you could color code the starting buttons by difficulty.
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

Ok. Ill do that.
I reallized this would be a rather large level so I had to imput a couple extra AI commands just to reduce the lag (dissableling unnecesary guns for example). Otherwise, the level would probably be running at about 5 -8 FPS.