[mini contest] Minimalism or Zen and the Art of Zeta Flow

Design concepts in general, talk about your favorites, show levels you've made, give feedback.

Choose the best Minimalist level::

Poll ended at Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:36 am

The ZetaFlow by Mouzi
38%
Four Corners by Geiss
13%
Flutterby Squadron Alpha by Redsatori
No votes
Triple Flinger by trickstapriest
13%
Deceptive Driod by MD
38%

Total votes: 8

trickstapriest

Post by trickstapriest »

Redsatori wrote: Only problem with that last idea Mouzi is that no one's levels would appear on the list when they first put them up there. Would be a bit barren methinks. I do like the other suggestion, however, about having to beat a level to save it. There are a couple good posts about it on the S & F section, including this one which contains a bit of my humor and photoshop fun.
What about people who do their levels in six or seven sittings like myself, though? :p Would we have to beat it every time we wanted to save? What if I got to go to work? That could be a lot of editing I'd lose...

I do like the idea myself; what about a filter on the gallery that can essentially 'ignore' any levels who's latest version haven't been beaten? That also means someone in development of a level would have to beat it when it's finished to 'clear' it onto the main board, or give the link to someone else to beat for them (let's say a collaborative work).
Redsatori

Post by Redsatori »

Links are posted on the first post of this thread btw...

Also, although this is OT, a finished flag would be a welcome addition to those people who aren't able to complete really complex levels in one sitting (myself, I prefer Mountain Dew by the case and cigarettes to keep me going). Although, I do feel that some way to block an unbeatable level from even being posted would be a nice addition. And the new gallery listing is a nivce improvement, although I have spent too much time trying to beat all those 'undefeated' levels of late...
The world keeps a balance, through mathematics, defined by whatever you've added and subtracted.
Atmosphere, Godlovesugly
It's better to be choking your chicken in hand than to be tossing your rocks off in a bush.
Shin Chan
Geiss

Post by Geiss »

I came really close to beating one but running through the lasers is a real pain...
Geiss

Post by Geiss »

In search of "higher forms" of Minimalism, I have created Dragon Kite using MD's core trick. I used 4 parts, 5 lasers, and the coreDouble shot. I was curious if a faster rate of fire with coreDouble would make it be competitive but more fair then the normal coreTwinRapid with its wider arc coverage. For a quick play I found it interesting. An alternative name that I turned down was "Think Fast" but that would have been a bit noobish and ego-centric sounding, lol. In terms of lives, I think 3 is about right for this one. Good for training against core missile shots.