When the core gets connected to a part...

Scripting help, tricks, and tips. How to use the editor.
KittyBeast

When the core gets connected to a part...

Post by KittyBeast »

Sometimes I mistakenly connect the core to itself, and have to discard the level if I haven't saved already When this happens, the level wont save, and I can't bring up the parts list because it's empty, so there's no way to recover anything.

Is there a way to disconnect the core when this happens? (I realize this could be a problem caused by ruffle)
MD
Site Admin

Re: When the core gets connected to a part...

Post by MD »

So, I'm not sure HOW you manage to connect the core to itself. Could you elaborate?

The only thing I could think of was putting a 0 into the link field, like so:
linkCoreToSelf.png
linkCoreToSelf.png (7.63 KiB) Viewed 10037 times
which does indeed break things, but I can't see someone doing that by accident.
KittyBeast

Post by KittyBeast »

I suppose it happens because of how I create levels. I usually place all the parts with the helper turned off, then I individually go and connect all parts how I want them connected and potentially connect the core to some part by accident. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, there's no going back.

I'll make sure to save before I start connecting parts together so I can load a backup should I mess up, however, that doesn't help those who are new to the game and it's a pretty easy way to break the editor and level you're making
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

I did some experimentation a while back with text editor when flash still worked. Connecting the core to a negative part number was also a bad idea! :D Or even assigning the core itself a negative part number.