Need Alot Of Help

Scripting help, tricks, and tips. How to use the editor.
zxzx89002

Need Alot Of Help

Post by zxzx89002 »

How to move parts ? & What is the use of switches ? How to make scrolling system ?

please help

i need u MD XD

-Zxzx
MD
Site Admin

Re: Need Alot Of Help

Post by MD »

Perhaps start with rotating pieces first, to get the hang of how the editor works:
http://zetaflow.skylogic.ca/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=46
zxzx89002

Post by zxzx89002 »

MD wrote:Perhaps start with rotating pieces first, to get the hang of how the editor works:
http://zetaflow.skylogic.ca/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=46
MD..I Need To Move The Object Not Rotate it.i mean in that link the circle rotate, :cry:

i mean like a circle is in Y:100 Go To Y:300 While in-game with a speed i choose :/
i don`t get the rotating thing

like SetDistance Command But Moves Normally Not Jump
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

Unfortunately such movement is not possible because the position of each object is relative to its parent via angle and distance - not absolute position.

Therefore, people do one of two things:
1. Use a combination of rotating parts to create the effect of moving parts linearly. The idea here is to rotate a part's parent, and then the parent's parent, such that the rotations cancel and you're left with movement. There are forum posts describing how to do this.
2. Use a series of setDistance commands combined with makeTrigger. The idea here is to set the distance at various intervals over time. For example, set the distance to 1 at frame 30, distance to 2 at frame 32, distance to 3 at frame 33... and so on.

Neither method is ideal, but the limitation is an artifact of the structure of the game and won't be changed any time soon - sorry!