How do I work with offscreen pieces?

Scripting help, tricks, and tips. How to use the editor.
swartzer

How do I work with offscreen pieces?

Post by swartzer »

I'm pondering some level ideas that require some pieces to be offscreen in order to produce the movement I want. I know I can put pieces offscreen by editing their X and Y values, but once a piece is out there, is there a way to access it again?

Somewhat on the same topic, I'd love to be able to switch the editor into a text mode, sort of like the AI command window except with all the pieces and their characteristics listed along with the AI commands. That would solve the offscreen problem too.

If that isn't feasible, what about adding a "piece number" field to the box that already has the piece characteristics in it? Entering a number there would select that piece and display its characteristics just as if it had been clicked in the editor window. That would allow editing of offscreen pieces.
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

There is a way to look beyond the boundries of the game, an odd way, but a way nonetheless. Just shrink your browser window either horizontally or vertically, and the game will shrink as well but it always maintains the same aspect ratio. So, if you make your window wide and short, the game will scale down to fit inside the short range allowing you to see off the screen to the left and right.

A text mode would be feasible I think, i'll see about getting something like that in.

~MD