I need help(woot first post in this part of the forum ever!)

Scripting help, tricks, and tips. How to use the editor.
SkullFace72

I need help(woot first post in this part of the forum ever!)

Post by SkullFace72 »

I cant seem to make anything rotate.whether i want it to rotate to me or at random it just wont rotate!the only thing that will rotate is the entire structure and we all know thats easy to do.
Can someone post an example so i can see if i'm typing something in the wrong place? :?: :?: :?:
Shamil

Post by Shamil »

You have 2 possibilities to rotate a part (any part can rotate)

Scroll your mouse over the part to rotate, and you will see that the Part has a number, like : Part#3

Enter the AI, Lives menu

If you want to rotate it that it will always target the player's ship, use: "rotatePartToShip," and enter the number of the part.

Example :

rotatePartToShip,3

Now the Part#3 will now rotate to the direction of the player's ship

Else you use "rotatePart, part#, speed, minAngle, maxAngle, startingAngle", to move it. Use only numbers to set the speed and the angles.

That's more tricky, but remeber do not mention the words speed, part#, only numbers are allowed (else it will not work)
the_corruptor

Post by the_corruptor »

use the qw & rt buttons to rotate a peice.

q and w will rotate counterclockwise, q 45○ and w 1○
r and t will rotate clockwise, r 45○ and t 1○

if you click on the editor option from the main menu, you will see a list of controls that you can use in the editor mode.
SkullFace72

Post by SkullFace72 »

Shamil wrote:You have 2 possibilities to rotate a part (any part can rotate)

Scroll your mouse over the part to rotate, and you will see that the Part has a number, like : Part#3

Enter the AI, Lives menu

If you want to rotate it that it will always target the player's ship, use: "rotatePartToShip," and enter the number of the part.

Example :

rotatePartToShip,3

Now the Part#3 will now rotate to the direction of the player's ship

Else you use "rotatePart, part#, speed, minAngle, maxAngle, startingAngle", to move it. Use only numbers to set the speed and the angles.

That's more tricky, but remeber do not mention the words speed, part#, only numbers are allowed (else it will not work)
Thanks much. I kept part# in the coding....