Worth A Replay

Playing Zeta Flow
Zeke

Worth A Replay

Post by Zeke »

When things get slow I go back and replay the older levels. I've played every level at least twice and these are some of my favorites. I think they all employ good design techniques and make for good player experience. Some are more challenging than other but they all can be beat. Take note of the level ID's... these are some of the earliest creations (ZetaFlow is currently over 8000 levels BIG). I'll add to this list as time permits but feel free to add your own.

primateslair3 by primate

Targuus by sbelzer79

Scorpio by unknown457

Shields Up II by Mouzi

Coaxial Defender by missing_link

space pirate by word

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
swartzer

Re: Worth A Replay

Post by swartzer »

Scorpio is my favorite level of all time. It came out when I was first learning the game, and I remember playing it and playing it and playing it, each time getting a little closer to victory, until finally I defeated it. That was a good feeling.

Of course later I discovered keyboard move and mouse aim, which makes it easier to beat levels like that... but that's still the level I go back and play the most often.

Thanks for reminding me about Space Pirate, too; that's a good one. Haven't had time to play the other ones you listed.

Here are a few from my own bookmark list:

Multi Leg Combat Vehicle This is a very large boss, and can be frustrating at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's fun. Also, one of the best visual designs I've ever seen.

Whrait Ship - This is a fairly early level. Takes some fast maneuvering to beat unless you get lucky.

INRI - Another early level. Good design and good gameplay, though some might find the visual design sacrilegious.

Octospider - Another good visual design.

Deathspider - An even better visual design; one of the best I've seen, IMHO. This is a pretty hard level. Watch out for the swinging head! Unfortunately the next level is a real letdown.
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

I came across this one today and had to add it to the "Worth A Replay" list:
The quantum and nuclear Base by Secret

I used 54 lives to finish it and I'm pretty sure a lot of you guys could do better :-) But it is fun to play and it's a long level.

It's probably not for everybody but it is challenging and beautifully done. Kudos to Secret

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

A few new additions. These are all older levels that may not get viewed that often but are challenging and well designed levels:

Swinging shields by Swartzer

Kankra by Craw

Redsatori - Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind by Redsatori - This was a great take-off on Space Invaders.

they are looking on you by Nicklas453

asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

They are great levels.