2012 In review

Everything else under the sun
asdasdg

2012 In review

Post by asdasdg »

Well, I just thought it would be fun to make a topic to look back on last year and see the highlights of this website and our own lives.

For me my level creation highlights were counterstrike assault 4. Wow, was that the only high quality level I made last year? Hmm, I should get back to designing more in my free time. I also enjoyed being the first person to beat Swarterz's Tiny Core Big Gun level (that was time consuming).

Beyond that I enjoyed visiting some of my relatives during the holiday season and reuniting with a friend that I havn't seen for over five years. I finnaly sat down and read Timothy Zhan's "Star Wars" trilogy (the only three SW books I consider cannon).

So, what have the rest of you done that you consider reviewing?
MD
Site Admin

Re: 2012 In review

Post by MD »

Alright, I'll respond to this, despite it being a month late... (on this forum, I'm pretty sure I can get away with it).

2012 (and part of 2011) was a fairly big year for me. I moved on from my CS degree to a Master's in Computer Science at UBC. Even more exciting, this past August I got engaged to a wonderful lady! :) This upcoming year will be eventful too. I'm getting married in a few months and will be finished my Master's by then (hopefully). After that I'm planning to get a job in Software Engineering! I'm starting the job hunt process now.

It's interesting to think that I started this project in High School....oh how life changes!
asdasdg wrote:For me my level creation highlights were...
My level creation highlights are non-existent...sadly :P
asdasdg wrote:...reuniting with a friend...
That's great! Friends, and relationships in general, are so valuable. Keep pouring into the lives of those around you - so worth the effort.

Cheers,
~MD
asdasdg

Re: 2012 In review

Post by asdasdg »

MD wrote:Alright, I'll respond to this, despite it being a month late... (on this forum, I'm pretty sure I can get away with it).

2012 (and part of 2011) was a fairly big year for me. I moved on from my CS degree to a Master's in Computer Science at UBC. Even more exciting, this past August I got engaged to a wonderful lady! :) This upcoming year will be eventful too. I'm getting married in a few months and will be finished my Master's by then (hopefully). After that I'm planning to get a job in Software Engineering! I'm starting the job hunt process now.

It's interesting to think that I started this project in High School....oh how life changes!
asdasdg wrote:For me my level creation highlights were...
My level creation highlights are non-existent...sadly :P
asdasdg wrote:...reuniting with a friend...
That's great! Friends, and relationships in general, are so valuable. Keep pouring into the lives of those around you - so worth the effort.

Cheers,
~MD

Congrats on your engagement. I wish you and your wife to be many happy years of mariage. :D