A very, very, very long time

Everything else under the sun
XxoriginxX

A very, very, very long time

Post by XxoriginxX »

Wow... Just remembered this game, and decided to come back here... It's been too long.
"A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well then a fool can from a mountain top."-Unknown
Zeke

Re: A very, very, very long time

Post by Zeke »

Hey Xx - Welcome back. Things have been really slow here for a long time now. We could use a few good designers to give the site a boost. There used to be a lot of good designers who regularly contributed, and gave the newbies something to aspire to. Most of the new stuff is very amatuerish, and that's probably because the good designers rarely contribute any more. How about showing them how it's done?

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
XxoriginxX

Post by XxoriginxX »

Well, I'll get right to it- I already have a few ideas brewing...
"A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well then a fool can from a mountain top."-Unknown
XxoriginxX

Post by XxoriginxX »

Out of curiosity, does MD come on at all anymore? Or is all future development of Zeta Flow permanently dead?
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

It has been a while since he has posted anything. But it's been a while since anyone has posted anything for that matter. Not sure what the status is on ZF developement. He's been good enough to keep it running though. The forums don't get much traffic except for the occasional spammer :-)

I have the forum in my RSS feed, and as a moderator I drop into the Gallery on a somewhat regular basis to monitor new levels. I still enjoy going to the levels I bookmarked from time to time. The have been some great ones!

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

Nice to see some returning faces around here. :D

Welcome back.
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

XxoriginxX wrote:Out of curiosity, does MD come on at all anymore? Or is all future development of Zeta Flow permanently dead?
Well, I'm still alive, if that's what you mean ;) As for the future development of Zeta Flow, that's...questionable. ZF was built in an old programming environment which has significant limits compared to today's standards. Though the main reason is a lack of time on my part.

Ideally, I'd love to rebuild the game using the latest Flash version, or some more recent gaming platform. And incorporate things like touch screen functionality so you can run it on your tablet or phone. Then include smarter enemies with proper AI to make decisions. But let's be honest, don't count on it. However, I intend to keep Zeta Flow's server going for a good long while, but that's all I can promise for the time being.

~MD

p.s. Thanks asdasdg and Zeke for moderating all this time, it's greatly appreciated!
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Hey Matt - Glad to hear things seem to be going well for you.

If you have even the remotest thought of porting ZF to another platform, you might want to check this link out:

http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/DevRadio ... -Windows-8

Chris Mills, who appears in the video, is an old friend and like a little brother to me. And Xamarin seems to be a very powerful tool. Not sure if it would apply to your scenario but probably still worth your time for future reference.

Mouzi

Post by Mouzi »

MD wrote:Ideally, I'd love to rebuild the game using the latest Flash version, or some more recent gaming platform. And incorporate things like touch screen functionality so you can run it on your tablet or phone.
I actually had a look a while ago at making a game similar to ZetaFlow in HTML5. Not sure if it would have worked out too well but JS performance is going up all the time. Although the biggest obstacle there was probably my own inexperience.

Fun fact: 10 000 spinning triangles on a <canvas> element started lagging Firefox but Chrome could handle up to 100 000. (The bigger issue was other calculations than the actual drawing though.)
NARFNra
Location: Laughing evilly as he manipulates the government on Zeta Flolan.

Post by NARFNra »

hey guys, neat to see the occasional resurgence. hasn't been much activity, yeah, but i do still have this in the back of my bookmarks, lol :p
I am of open mind and willing to hear criticism. Also: That's stupid and you're stupid. ~ 8Bit Theater

Ye who runs needlessly,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
Thou art a fool,
~La Mulana, Endless Corridor Tablet
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Hey NARFNra - Things are generally quiet in the forum these days. The Gallery is still somewhat active but we could use some good designers!

SoFabulousHHH

Post by SoFabulousHHH »

Yeah. I still have this in my bookmarks, and have since I got an account. I come back to play it occasionally.
It's nice to see an update on the forums.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9H5dLbnZJU
Plus System - Blue Anthem (Scott Brown Remix) / Hardwired Vol.1

"79% of stair accidents happen on the stairs."
Gumball Watterson - The Amazing World of Gumball / The Responsible
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

SoFabulousHHH wrote:Yeah. I still have this in my bookmarks, and have since I got an account. I come back to play it occasionally.
It's nice to see an update on the forums.

By Update I hope you aren't refering to the large number of spam posts that I have deleted and are actually refering to real posts like the one you just made. Nice to see you back (even for a brief visit).