My recent absence...

Everything else under the sun
Redsatori

My recent absence...

Post by Redsatori »

I apologize in advance to everyone who has been waiting patiently for new episodes of 12 o'clock Shuffle, Pushing the Limits, and my daily blog posts. It has been a hectic week now, and there seems to be more of that in store. While I have had some time to check out recent levels, and make a few posts, I haven't had much time to do reviews and such.

I am currently working on a fairly large-scale web design project. I am hoping it will be done within the next two weeks, at least the major parts of it. After that, I should have more time to devote to Zeta Flow. Until then, I will keep posting when I can and playing levels as I get the chance to do so. Also, once this project I am on gets past the initial design stages, I will let you all know a bit more about it.

Have fun, good luck, and have a happy holiday if you don't hear from me before then.
The world keeps a balance, through mathematics, defined by whatever you've added and subtracted.
Atmosphere, Godlovesugly
It's better to be choking your chicken in hand than to be tossing your rocks off in a bush.
Shin Chan
swartzer

Post by swartzer »

Good luck with that project!

I also am going to be scarce for a while. I have a bunch of medium-sized work projects to finish in a smallish amount of time.
Redsatori

Post by Redsatori »

Wow. I take a couple days away from ZF and return to find the gallery filled with some really horrible level designs. I hope this just means that the good designers are trying to enjoy their holidays or doing their exams, one of the two.
The world keeps a balance, through mathematics, defined by whatever you've added and subtracted.
Atmosphere, Godlovesugly
It's better to be choking your chicken in hand than to be tossing your rocks off in a bush.
Shin Chan
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Hey Redsatori - It has gotten so boring in the gallery that I decided to read all the messages in the forum :-) Your quote drove me to google Shin-Chan, and I came across the following link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245612/quotes

Unfortunately Netflix doesn't have the movie but it sure sounds like Shin-Chan is the Ren & Stimpy of the 90's. Very funny stuff. Is this what your quote is based on?
Redsatori

Post by Redsatori »

That's a funny movie, but I got it from the serialized anime they show on adult swim: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crayon_Shin-chan <-- wikipedia entry for it. It was actually the first time I have seen it on TV and I was laughing hysterically throughout. Well, at least when my jaw wasn't on the ground as I tried to contemplate just exactly what was going on.

And the main problem isn't really some of the actual visual designs of the levels. It's all on these fairly large levels, which give you one life, and then are on follow and rotate to ship. They don't give you nearly enough room to maneuver. And we won't get into the levels where the core is 4 pixels across. I still don't understand what exactly MJ is thinking on those, especially when combined with TRF core guns, but meh, to each their own I guess. Hopefully I will have more time after the holiday to create some levels. If I can get this project off the ground at any rate.
Atmosphere, Godlovesugly
Shin Chan
Redsatori

Post by Redsatori »

Grrrrrrrrrr............

Sometimes I really hate web hosting companies. Well, gonna be a bit longer than expected for my project to get completed. Additionally, I lost my entire database today, including my blog. If you have previously registered, you will have to do so again, and this time on a completely blank blog. I will get more posts up there when I can. Keep those levels coming, and hopefully after the holiday I will be able to get back to 12 o'clock shuffle and my daily zeta fu.
Atmosphere, Godlovesugly
Shin Chan
Redsatori

Post by Redsatori »

Okay, sorry for the absence. The new project is up and running, at least basically. There are a few minor details I have yet to finish, but they don't take away from the site, it's just administration functions. If you'd like to know more about it, send me a private forum message and I will let you know more about it. I should now have a bit more time for Zeta Flowing, well, barring Christmas at any rate.
Atmosphere, Godlovesugly
Shin Chan
Redsatori

Post by Redsatori »

There have been quite a few additions to ZF whilst I have been away. I am hoping to have 12 o'clock shuffle up and running again on Monday of next week. It's been quite hectic here with classes starting a couple of days ago and keeping me quite busy with all the reading I have to do.

I promise to make time for ZF as I sorely miss playing it, designing levels, and chatting with all of you here on the boards.

BTW, I have finally chosen my major of Game and Sim programming. Only a couple more years now to finish up the requisite classes and I will hope to land a job with Activision/Blizzard.

Anyways, I will be starting the 12 o'clock shuffle on Monday as well as I can see.
Atmosphere, Godlovesugly
Shin Chan
trickstapriest

Post by trickstapriest »

Great! Sounds good... my little brother is hoping to work for the same people, interestingly, though he's just getting into college now.
Redsatori

Post by Redsatori »

That's awesome.

BTW, for those of you who like to code games and whatnot in your spare time, I opened up a forum on my website for my fellow students. If you are interested in game design, feel free to contact me about how to get to the site. It's kind of small at the moment as I just opened it, but I am hoping to add new members on a regular basis and also to get some high quality posts going on there. I am also planning on doing a few articles on basic and advanced AI concepts and other coding related ditties.

Send me a line if you're interested.
Atmosphere, Godlovesugly
Shin Chan
swartzer

Post by swartzer »

Good to see you back!
Redsatori

Post by Redsatori »

Thanks.

I really think that MD should change the name of any level that has the word 'impossible' in it.

Instead of 'impossible' it should say 'I have a small penis'.

Maybe it's just me, but there seem to be quite a few of this type of level in the last few pages of the gallery. Moreso than normal. I hope everyone got what they wanted for the holidays, but it looks like some of them didn't.
Atmosphere, Godlovesugly
Shin Chan
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Great Idea Redsatori!!! And Welcome Back too.

Maybe MD could put some kind of disclaimer on the editor page saying that "impossible" levels were not encouraged.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
trickstapriest

Post by trickstapriest »

Aye, that'd be nice. :)
and good to see you again, Redsatori!