AI has been disappearing from my levels

Bug reports, suggestions, questions, etc that relate to the development of Zeta Flow and this website.
CitPrem

AI has been disappearing from my levels

Post by CitPrem »

I just had to re-add "rotate to ship" to Jonah and the Whale. This isn't the first time it's happened, either. Is there a probable cause?
the_corruptor

Post by the_corruptor »

never seen that happen before.

Possibly, before it is saved to server it is only stored as a cookie or temp data. If you have restricted cookie access that might be it.

However, as I didn't write the game or the server, we have to wait for MD's call.

MD, you have any thoughts?
Mouzi

Post by Mouzi »

It's not stored temporarily anywhere. Fact. (At least if you don't count actionscript variables as temp data.)
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

Well, flash loads that information from the database then formats it into seperate lines, my guess is the problem is there, perhaps as it is splitting strings it some how loses one. I'll have to experiment with that to try to isolate the problem.

CitPrem: has it happened when going back forth between editor and playing, or does it happen only when you load the level from the gallery?

~MD
Geiss

Post by Geiss »

I've experienced that a few times with some levels that I have made as well. Hope you can lock down the source of the error and fix it.