battle series

Design concepts in general, talk about your favorites, show levels you've made, give feedback.
asdasdg

battle series

Post by asdasdg »

I am trying to work on a new series and have already published the first level in that series. Unless MD can fix the problems of the site being incompatible with the latest flash updates by the time the series is complete, i will stop using this site.
If anyone really wants to know, i only have one computer that is compatible with this site. THat computer is not the computer i can use often. On this computer i can read the lvl names and use the forums. BUt i cant play the levels, use the editor, and use the tutorial game.

asdasdg
Last edited by asdasdg on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
asdasdg

Re: battle series

Post by asdasdg »

stay tuned for any updates that may come to this thread.
~asdasdg
swartzer

Post by swartzer »

Cool, I'm always on the lookout for new levels!
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

you will like it when it is done. If you want you can try the first one wich is battleforearth.
~asdasdg
swartzer

Post by swartzer »

I forgot that one was yours. That level was a little hard-core for my taste; I prefer fewer rapidshots flying around, especially if there are that few lives and that many fighters to deal with. I think I beat it eventually, back when you first posted it, but it took a lot of tries. Hope you don't take it personally, though, everyone likes different things.

I'll still keep my eyes out for the rest of your series though. Even if they're all that hard, I'll keep going until I beat them. :)
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

congradulationS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so you were the one who beat it...
i was wondering who.
~asdasdg
swartzer

Post by swartzer »

It looks like a few other people besides just me have beaten it, but only three or four unless I'm doing my math wrong.

Thanks for the congratulations. :) I have to admit I cheated a little, though: at work I have access to a machine with a 24-inch monitor and a wimpy video card. This slows the frame rate way down and makes all but the nastiest levels winnable. After hours I use that machine to play the levels I can't beat on my normal machine. Even on that box, though, it still took me all three lives to beat battleforearth when I tried it again.
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

CHeater!
can you beet the Executer 4 on that macine by any chance?
~asdasdg
swartzer

Post by swartzer »

I'll have to give it a shot and see. That level is still undefeated, so maybe I can be the first, though it's not completely fair on that slow machine.
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

yeah.
but it has a very low rating as a result.
~asdasdg
swartzer

Post by swartzer »

Now that I've looked at that level, I think I can beat it, but it'll probably take several tries even on the slow machine. It's got several lasers that track you, which is not a problem if you have room to move freely, but there are also several fixed lasers (not to mention all the fighters and spreaders) that make free movement hard. At least there's more than one life, so I can sacrifice a couple to get rid of those lasers, after which it should be doable.
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

Want a spoiler?
It has a core gun.
~asdasdg
swartzer

Post by swartzer »

After fifteen tries I got close, but still haven't beaten it yet. I had it down to three rocket launchers, two tracking lasers, and a few single guns and spreaders. Doing it on the slow machine didn't actually help a whole lot.

If I ever get that far, the core gun is going to seem easy compared to the rest of it, unless it's so amped up that it's physically impossible to fit between the bullets.
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

it is not amped up.
I can not change the settings because i can not get to the editor. No new levels for now.
:(. :(
~asdasdg
asdasdg

Post by asdasdg »

oh well.
I guess i just have to wait in hopes that someone will defeat it soner or latter.......
:(
~asdasdg