Interruption Ads are pretty annoying

Bug reports, suggestions, questions, etc that relate to the development of Zeta Flow and this website.
CitPrem

Interruption Ads are pretty annoying

Post by CitPrem »

I realize they probably bring in more revenue, but they aren't very classy. When I posted this to Metafilter, I'm pretty sure a good many people quit playing the game because of them. Couldn't you just use banner ads?
Macbeth

Post by Macbeth »

I don't find them too annoying, and if they help support the game, well, there are far more obtrusive methods for which Matthew could have opted, heh.
"If it was me, I'd end up stumbling out there with something like a pastry slice and scream at them in iambic pentameter [...]"
the_corruptor

Post by the_corruptor »

There's lots of diffrent Ad methods. Personally, popups bother me least, because they are blocked. Therefor they are the worst to use, so people have to come up with more obtrusive methods to gather more money.

But if they bother you that much, you can simply play a diffrent level.
barthez4

Post by barthez4 »

They might not be the greatest thing in the world, but all in all, they help to keep the site running.
Sasadad

Post by Sasadad »

Where else would MD get money? I agree partly that banner ads would be nicer, but they would mess up how the sight looks constantly. The current ads just interrupt for a few seconds.