strange error

Bug reports, suggestions, questions, etc that relate to the development of Zeta Flow and this website.
Hlaode

strange error

Post by Hlaode »

I'm having a problem switching back and forth between the editor and the play. Every other time that I test something, as soon as I go back to the editor the core is shifted so far that all of the other pieces are offscreen. I can't figure out a way to restore what I was working on short of moving each individual piece back manually. I'll get a screenshot eventually.
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

Hmm. Very strange indeed. Let me know if it keeps happening and any details that might help me figure out why it's happening. To work around the problem, you can drag the core back where you want it and all the other parts will move with it. And if you can't see the core, you can shrink your browser window either vertically or horizontally and the game will shrink as well which will show off screen objects.

Like this:

~MD
Hlaode

Post by Hlaode »

Still happening. Not only is the core relocated, but the screen is focused on the core, and the other peices, save for a few, are so far away that I can't find them by moving the core.

This is what it looked like before

and here is what it looks like afterwards

I tried resizing the window to the limits of my screen, but to no avail.

-edit-

I found a better example. I accidentally saved one entitled clone-unarmed base. Originally the core was in a group designed to look like the player ship, with a duplicate core surrounded by shields. Now the copy of the player ship is offscreen entirely, the shielded units are to the upper right barely visible and without the copy of the core, and the real core is alone in the center.
the_corruptor

Post by the_corruptor »

I had that problem before. As far as I can tell, it only occurs when you have duplicates of the core visible.

Now, when you've duplicated the core a dozen times or so, it gets really messy!
MD
Site Admin

Post by MD »

the_corruptor wrote:it only occurs when you have duplicates of the core visible.
Ah, I see. It's definately the cores causing the problem. I'll fix it as soon as i have time.

~MD